Site re-design proposal for the checklists should always take into account the current state of your existing site. Instead of just running the web redesign / reconstruction process, the assessment of good and bad elements of the original site should be taken. Include consideration of aspects of SEO Services. Too often, the website of the deformation leads to the dramatic decline in search engine rankings! Do not underestimate the indexed pages loading … or the interests of current organic SERPs. Run the idea of rebuilding is SEO Consultant.
The risks to the current Search Engine Ranking
Note that current search engines can easily go down the toilet! Why? Well, that is the consequence of failing to plan and implement strategies to address threats.
Without any trace of breadcrumbs to find out where the old content is gone all the search engines have been left confused and drowning in an ocean 404 Page Not Found errors.
1. Top-Ranking Pages: Should be identified, preserved and enhanced.
2. 301 Redirects: Old URLs should be directed to the corresponding new page name. If this is not done, all the pages indexed and consolidated internal suddenly produces 404 Page Not Found “, and finally, clean the errors of the search engine indexes all! All internal PageRank is lost, because all clients’ favorite links page and all the “deep links” within the content.
3. Optimized On-Page Content: Previously optimized “good content” should be moved to the corresponding pages
4. Image Alt text: Old alt text should be copied to the replacement images.
5. Meta-tags: Titles, descriptions and keywords should be copied to the corresponding new pages.
6. Sitemaps: Provision should be made for XML or HTML Sitemaps.
If you do this, Google bots and search bots will be forced to start from scratch! If you are forced to re-evaluate the intent and purpose of the site, and do not keep good people, a drop in ranking is inevitable.
I have no problem with the brand itself. Although the consultants have experience of the brand within their sphere of influence of large, usually have a poor understanding of nature to achieve top placement in search engines. branding consultants do not respect your 10 years old domain. Any recommendation to drop the age / mature domain of the new name of “trend” is a serious risk to an online presence.
domain transfer allows you to control all traffic from the old domain to a new domain. You can pair individual page redirect. However, that still leaves all the old links point to “dead” for the domain and in danger of elimination. Do not underestimate the age of the domain of a lot of links! For example, I just re-rebuild, a proposal that involved moving the contents of 1999 registered the domain name in 2900 + inbound links (including 100 + links in domains 7 PR!) The 2008-35 saw the link of the domain name.
Ok, so you’re going to build a site that provides mature business, but needs a more modern look and feel. Remember to choose a designer / developer, who understands the importance of old content and understand the aspects of SEO. Make sure that the quality of SEO elements are included in architectural design.
1. SEO module is loaded but not enabled – so that the meta tag blank for the content of each page!
2. A CMS with WordPress admin settings / privacy set to “I want to block search engines, but allow normal visitors.”
4. Flash Main Menu SE can not penetrate, which means no internal pages indexed!
5. Splash / Intro page a link to the home page only, and Flash content – that is, zero content for the home!
6. No sitemaps, just to make it more difficult to find within the content!
If you deliberately kill a website, they are very effective ways to do so. There is a lesson here! If you want to rebuild your site yourself or pay someone to do it, you’d better make sure that the person responsible for the changes that have a plan that includes at least the basics! A failure to plan for planning to fail, as these examples show!
Do You Need Google?
Although some people say it does not, you can be sure that they are essentially not known. Unless (or until) you are a brand name, search engines will offer potential customers for you. For an increasing flow of visitors from search engines, you have to play by their rules, not yours. Whenever you can not change the overall reality to fit your perception, you have to adapt … or simply not relevant!
For maximum SEO benefits, there are some overall goals to aim for…
* Search Engine Friendly URLs: Page File Names should be explicit, and keyword-rich, independent of Titles or Headings.
* Off-Page Titles: Independent and unique page Titles are essential. Dynamic, with manual override will work fine.
* Description Tag: Independent and unique page Descriptions are essential. Dynamic with manual override is okay.
* Keyword Tag: Independent and unique page Keywords. Dynamic with manual override is okay. * Image File Names: Imported image file names should be preserved, allowing keyword-rich image names.
* Image ALT Text: Dynamic based on file name with manual override is okay. Keyword rich image file names are important supporting elements of page content.
* Menu Item Names: Controllable, independent of page Headings, with manual set hyperlink titles.
* Page Headings: Formatted in H1, H2, H3 HTML tags, independent of menu name.
Make sure that the BASIC files are in place;
* Robots.txt: with a link to the XML sitemap
* Sitemap: XML, plus HTML
* Custom 404 Error Page: standard page template, full menu etc.
Make sure that the BASIC Hosting issues are sorted;
* www vs. non-www: Always use full canonical domain name, and prevent duplicate content being indexed.
* Hosting: Correct country TLD – or correct country hosting.